Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thirukannangudi Divyadesam

Thirukannangudi is one of the pancha krishna kshetram and one of pancha narayana temples. The temple is located remotely and its very difficult to access for people like me who rely on public transport. My plans started in December 2012 and I came across many blog/websites. All of them highlighted the bad state of the temple and the availablity of bhattar.  I was little worried on visiting this divyadesam. Finally the day has come and I left for Thirunangur to attend 11 garuda sevai.

With all the information I had collected. I left kumbakonam early in the morning and reached Tiruvarur. from Tiruvarur I boarded the Nagapattinam town bus enroute Kizhvelur/sikkal(famous murugan temple). I got down at Sikkal due to availability of autos. I reached autostand and asked for thirukannangudi divyadesam. If you are visiting thirukannangudi and if you are asking for route in nearby village, you need to stress on Kannangudi perumal temple. There is also a very beautiful ranganathar temple (one of pancha narayana sthalam) and it is very famous among the locals here. All the local people guided me to the ranganathar temple.

After minutes of bargaining auto driver agreed for 150rs for two way trip. Enroute to the temple the autodriver explained me why more locals were visiting ranganathar temple instead of Kannangudi temple. His facts were very true. We travelled through paddy fields and reached Thirukannangudi and as I entered the temple at 9am it started drizziling. The temple was open and bhattar was not there. the locals outside the temple informed me that bhattar stays nearby and he will be back in 10 mins. I spent some time in enjoying the beauty of perumal and the divyadesam.

This divyadesam is in very bad state and the daily poojas are taken care by Kinchitkaram trust and Vedics trust. I waited for few minutes and I found bhattar's mobile number and I called him. He told he will be there in temple in 10 minutes. Meantime I was in discussion with the auto driver and he tried hard to convince me to visiit ranganathar temple. Inspired by his beautiful narration about the temple and the ranganathar I finally agreed to visit the temple.

Finally bhattar came and I had beautiful dharsan of perumal. I spoke to bhattar for few minutes and I left for nearby ranganathar temple in abharanadhari(one of the name of ranganathar here). I will write more about this temple in my next post.

Now you can enjoy the photos of the divyadesam.



Thirumangai azhwar

Photo: Thanks to dinamalar
 
மூலவர்    :    லோகநாதப்பெருமாள், சியாமளமேனி பெருமாள்
உற்சவர்    :    தாமோதர நாராயணன், ஸ்ரீதேவி, பூதேவியுடன் கையை இடுப்பில் கொண்டு கண்ணன் நிற்பதைப்போல்
தாயார்    :லோக நாயகி (உற்சவர்: அரவிந்த நாயகி)
தல விருட்சம்    :கிழ மரம்
தீர்த்தம்    :    சிரவண புஷ்கரிணி
ஆகமம்/பூஜை:    -
பழமை    :    1000-2000 வருடங்களுக்கு முன்
புராண பெயர்    :    -
ஊர்    :    திருக்கண்ணங்குடி
மாவட்டம்    :நாகப்பட்டினம்
மாநிலம்    :    தமிழ்நாடு

 தலபெருமை:

பெருமாளின் 108 திருப்பதிகளில் இது 18வது தலம். பஞ்ச கிருஷ்ண க்ஷேத்திரங்களில் இதுவும் ஒன்று. 1.திருக்கண்ணமங்கை. 2. திருக்கண்ணபுரம். 3.கபிஸ்தலம். 4.திருக்கோவிலூர். 5.திருக்கண்ணங்குடி இத்தல தீர்த்தத்தின் பெயரைக்கேட்டாலே சகல பாவங்களும் விலகி விடும் என்பதால் இப்பெயர் பெற்றது. இத்தல பெருமாளின் ஜென்ம நட்சத்திரம் திருவோணம். தாயார் லோக நாயகி முகமும், உற்சவர் அரவிந்த நாயகி முகமும் ஒரே மாதிரி இருப்பது சிறப்பு. எல்லா திவ்ய தேசத்திலும் கருடாழ்வார் கைகளை குவித்து வணங்கும் நிலையில் இருப்பார். ஆனால் இத்தலத்தில் இரண்டு கைகளையும் கட்டிக்கொண்டு வைகுண்டத்தில் எழுந்தருளி இருப்பதைப்போல் அருள் பாலிக்கிறார். "ஊராக் கிணறு, உறங்காபுளி, தேராவழக்கு திருக்கண்ணங்குடி' என்று இத்தலத்திற்கு திவ்ய தேச சிறப்பு பழமொழி உண்டு.

தல வரலாறு:

கிருஷ்ண பக்தியில் வசிஷ்டர் மிக சிறந்தவர். "கிருஷ்ணபிரேமை வசிஷ்டாய நாமா' என்று சொல்வார்கள். ஒரு முறை வசிஷ்டர் வெண்ணெயில் கிருஷ்ணன் விக்கிரகம் செய்து, அதை தன் பக்தி மேலீட்டால் இளகாமல் வைத்து பூஜை செய்து வந்தார். இந்த பக்தியை கண்ட கண்ணன், சிறு குழந்தை வடிவம் கொண்டு கோபாலனாக வசிஷ்டரிடம் சென்றார். அங்கு வசிஷ்டர் பூஜை செய்து கொண்டிருந்த வெண்ணெய் கண்ணனை அப்படியே எடுத்து வாயில் போட்டு விழுங்கி விட்டார். இதைக்கண்ட வசிஷ்டர்,""அடே! அடே!''என விரட்டி சென்றார். திருக்கண்ணங்குடியை "கிருஷ்ணாரண்யம்' என புராணங்கள் கூறுகிறது. இங்கு மகிழ மரத்தின் அடியில் நிறைய ரிஷிகள் தவம் செய்து கொண்டிருந்தார்கள். வசிஷ்டரால் விரட்டப்பட்ட கண்ணன் இப்பகுதிக்கு ஓடி வந்தான். இவர் வருவதை தங்களது ஞான திருஷ்டியால் அறிந்த ரிஷிகள் கிருஷ்ணனை பாசக்கயிற்றால் கட்டிப்போட்டனர். இவர்களது பக்திக்கு கட்டுப்பட்ட கண்ணன்,""வசிட்டன் என்னை விரட்டி வருகிறான். வேண்டியதை சீக்கிரம் கேட்டுப்பெறுங்கள்''என்றார். அதற்கு ரிஷிகள்,""கண்ணா! நீ எங்களுக்கு தரிசனம் தந்தது போல் இத்தலத்திற்கு வருவோர்களுக்கு தரிசனம் கொடுத்தருள வேண்டும்,''என வேண்டினர். இவர்களது வேண்டுதலுக்கிணங்க கண்ணன் இத்தலத்தில் நிற்க, விரட்டி வந்த வசிஷ்டர் கண்ணனது பாதங்களை பற்றிக்கொண்டார். உடனே கோபுரங்களும், விமானங்களும் உண்டாகி விட்டன. இதையறிந்த பிரம்மனும் தேவர்களும் உடனே வந்து பிரமோற்சவம் நடத்தினர்.கண்ணன் கட்டுண்டு நின்ற படியால் "கண்ணங்குடி' ஆனது.

Contact
Prabhu Bhattar
09943138591



0 comments:

Post a Comment